AX 2012 management pack not showing any AX information RRS feed

• Question

• 1.     Symptom description: Ax 2012 management pack installed, detects machine and places them in the correct group but no AX specific monitoring happens.  IE Under 'Application Object Servers\Computers' I can see my AOS servers, but under 'Application Object Servers\Instances' there is nothing.  It's the same for Enterprise Portals and there is nothing under 'Frameworks', 'databases' or 'Environment Health'.  Under the SQL MP I can see all the databases that AX is using.

2.      Environment: System Center 2007 R2 CU5 running on Win 2K8 R2, all latest patches applied.  All management packs at latest versions.  All dependancies for the AX 2012 MP are loaded.

3.      The exact error message: No error message as such, just missing information :

The state warning are just about disk fragmentation so can be ignored

4.      Any recent relevant configuration change(s): This has never worked for either of our AX 2012 environments

5.     Tech diagnosis history: I have followed the Guide for deploying the AX 2102 management pack.  I've been assured by our AX team that by discovery user has the nessesary rights to the DB and AX, I've also tried using an AX\SQL admin account for the disovery with no joy.

6.      Log file(s): Not sure what log files to look at?

Regards

Ollie

Friday, January 20, 2012 10:16 AM

Answers

• I think I found the solution!

I checked the XML of the AX 2012 discovery MP, and it uses a powershell-script instead of a regular vbscript.

But powershell doesn't allow a script to run by default. So I ran 'set-executionpolicy unrestricted' on an administrative powershell-session on each AX-related server.

After a while I got my environment discovered!

Please let me know if this was of any help.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Ollie,

It seems you have met a same issue with the one was disscussed here:

Troubleshooting AX Dynamics 2012 Management Pack
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagermgmtpacks/thread/8bb52ecd-6720-4ff2-9706-34593e455069/

Also, I would suggest you the following article:

How to Install and Configure Dynamics AX 2012 SCOM Pack
    http://community.dynamics.com/product/ax/axtechnical/b/axdilip/archive/2011/12/19/how-to-install-and-configure-dynamics-ax-2012-scom-pack.aspx

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Thanks, although I have been through all these and still have the problem.  The only thing that confusesme slightly is where it says "Run the Monitoring Pack for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Discovery Wizard".  Is there a seperate discovery wizard for AX or am I missing something?

Regards

Ollie

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:05 AM
  • I believe that just means "install the SCOM agent on the servers".

I have the same problem as well. All AX servers and databases have the SCOM-agent, and runas-profiles are setup. We distribute the account to a group of Windows Computer-objects. These computers are separated from ur domain by a SCOM-gateway, if that is useful information.

Are there any extra restrictions or requirements that isn't specified in the documentation? Or could this be a management pack issue?

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:38 AM
  • I think I found the solution!

I checked the XML of the AX 2012 discovery MP, and it uses a powershell-script instead of a regular vbscript.

But powershell doesn't allow a script to run by default. So I ran 'set-executionpolicy unrestricted' on an administrative powershell-session on each AX-related server.

After a while I got my environment discovered!

Please let me know if this was of any help.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:11 AM
  • Thanks Jan, I'll give it a try now and update!

Regards

Ollie

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Works perfectly!  Thanks Jan, saved me a call to premier support :-)

Cheers

Ollie

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:43 AM
  • I know this post is old. But thanks Jan. This solved my problem too (after I've configured the runas accounts) :)
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Hi Menk,

Please suggest what should be the target for run as profile configuration. Should I select All targeted objects or it should be a particular class.

Regards,

Daya Ram

Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Daya,

Did you ever get an answer for this? I also have the same question; the MP isn't clear as to what the targeted object should be.

Thanks

Blake

Thanks, Blake

Monday, August 1, 2016 8:12 PM