Video Driver Help!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated my build to windows 10 10130 and my video card drivers now say windows basic display adapter insed of my card driver. Can someone tell me how to get my card drivers back because i cant play any games that where working with my original video card drivers.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:01 PM

Answers

• Dudeclayton,

If you know your which module of your Video card belongs to, then we may try to download the proper Driver directly from the manufacturer side, then install it manually.

I have once been trpped in the same situation. The display drivers only supports basic screen resolutions, then I checked in Device Manager and found out that the proper Video card driver didn't get installed from Windows Update.

So I manually downloaded it and after the installtion, all goes well.

let us know if any further help needed.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 6:55 AM

All replies

• It's probably not a digitally signed driver yet so you'll have to do 1 of 2 things - 1. wait for the update to pull through windows update - make sure you manually check for this as well with windows 10 or 2. you can go to the manufacturers website and check to see if they've got a newer driver available

Also, open device manager and choose the graphics adapter and choose to update the driver then try the "Search online...." 

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 2:04 PM
  • Dudeclayton,

If you know your which module of your Video card belongs to, then we may try to download the proper Driver directly from the manufacturer side, then install it manually.

I have once been trpped in the same situation. The display drivers only supports basic screen resolutions, then I checked in Device Manager and found out that the proper Video card driver didn't get installed from Windows Update.

So I manually downloaded it and after the installtion, all goes well.

let us know if any further help needed.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 6:55 AM