Can't open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 emails RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft edge but also have a copy of IE11 which I also use on my desktop. I can't open any hyperlinks in email messages in Outlook 2010.  The error message is 'This operation has been cancelled due to restriction on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.'   I am able to open hyperlinks from my basic email program that is a part of Windows 10 and my Live Mail program without a problem.  But Live Mail goes away in a couple of weeks and the basic email program is too basic so I need to have my Outlook program functioning correctly.  How can I fix this problem?
    • Edited by Nivey Friday, May 13, 2016 9:26 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2016 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure your Outlook 2010 is set as default mail program in your Windows 10.

Go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs, select Outlook 2010, click Set this program as default > OK.

Please also set Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge as the default program with the similar operation above in Control panel. Restart Windows to check it.

If the issue persists, please try the Method 2: Export and import the registry key from another computer in the following KB to have a try:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310049

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 16, 2016 6:40 AM

All replies