error code 2147286781 (80030103) after installing sp1 windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a vb script in access 2007 and there I read some text documents and save them as record in the database. This is on a machine with windows 7. When I do this without sp1 for windows 7 it all works. When i install sp1 on windows 7 then I get the error massage cannot save with the code 2147286781 (80030103). In the VB code I use rs.save. I put a example of the code below. Here i created a new DB and want to save 1 record. I got the same error back.

There is a old artikel (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818518) with the same problem, but there is no new MDAC for windows 7.

Is there a solution for the problem I have?

Private Sub KnopVerwerk_Click()
    Dim cnn As Connection
    Set cnn = CurrentProject.Connection

Dim RS As New ADODB.Recordset
    RS.Open "Journaal", cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTableDirect

'verwerken in journaal
    RS.AddNew
    RS!diernummer = "A"
    RS!actie = "B"
    RS!gebruiker = "C"
    RS!bestherk = "D"
    RS!DatumTijd = "123"
    RS.Save
    RS.Close

End Sub

paul Meijer

paul Meijer
    • Moved by Kee Poppy Monday, August 1, 2011 10:21 AM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 9:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi meijerpcbeheer,

This forum is primary for VB.NET questions. What I think Windows 7 Application Compatibility forum would fit your question better. So I will move it there for getting more efficient responses.

Thanks,

Kee Poppy [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 1, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:25 AM
  • I hope this is moved from http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/accessdev/thread/ecfed384-c871-45b8-95fc-12aec405d705 and we are not working on two threads.

I'll get back to you.

Thanks.

Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, August 8, 2011 6:01 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:29 AM
  • Ketant,

I have ask the question in one thread but there i have to change it. I can't delete a question and if I said solved then all is been solved. The problem is something within sp1 from windows 7. But I got the result from access 2007 with my script.

paul Meijer
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:02 PM