locked
Internet Explorer 9 - Problem with forms and page scripts RRS feed

  • Question

  • Since upgrading to IE 9 I am finding many pages that will not operate. They are working fine in Chrome and other browsers, and I had no problems with IE8, but within IE9 they do not seem to work properly. The most common functionality seems to be with HTML forms, and possibly where they have built-in javascript.

    One page that I would expect to work well is the microsoft office 365 outlook pages. The page appears to load fine, but most of the inside page functionality just does not respond. I do not seem to get any script errors coming up they just behave as if nothing should happen when you click on anything.

    I would like to think there is some configuration on my computer that is blocking this functioanlity, however it seems to be happening on my laptop and other computers as well. Any ideas would be appreciated. In the meantime I am stuck using Chrome!

     

    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:13 AM

Answers

  • Having finally found a almost simlar problem I have discovered this is due to the add-ons that I have installed

    see Article Problem with buttons in web pages using after installing IE9

    I also had the DivX add-on installed which may have caused the problem, but after disabling DivX it still seemed not to work,  I went through and disabled more add-ons until the problem went away!

     

    • Marked as answer by TomShantiSoft Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:28 AM

All replies

  • Having finally found a almost simlar problem I have discovered this is due to the add-ons that I have installed

    see Article Problem with buttons in web pages using after installing IE9

    I also had the DivX add-on installed which may have caused the problem, but after disabling DivX it still seemed not to work,  I went through and disabled more add-ons until the problem went away!

     

    • Marked as answer by TomShantiSoft Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

     

    You can disable all add-ons to confirm if the issue is caused by add-ons.

     

    No add-ons mode

    Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons)

     

    If the issue persists when running no add-ons mode, the issue should be caused by other reasons. You can test the sites on other computers with IE9, if the issue only occurs on your computer, please try the following suggestions. Also let me know the sites' URL.

     

    1. Testing issue in Safe Mode with networking.

    2. Reset IE. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings-in-Internet-Explorer-9

    3. Add the sites into Trust Sites.

    4. Create a new account for testing.

     

    Best Regards,

    Niki

     


    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:30 AM