none
Exclude Folders RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am new to Steady State and find it to be a very valuable tool but have an issue that I need to resolve before I deploy. I need it to ignore certain folders on the root drive becasue they are going to get data in and out of them. I have been told of the suggestion to install on a different partition but becasue it is a software I cannot control or re-direct that is not an option. Is there another way to just ignore files or folders with Steady state? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:26 PM

Answers

• It's in Disk Management.  Right-click on the partition, and select the drive letter thing.  I think it has to be formatted NTFS, and so does the filesystem it's mounted to.  Not absolutely sure it will exclude it from WSS, but since that seems to work on a partition basis it looks possible.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:48 PM

All replies

• WinXP lets you mount a partition (unix-like) as a directory instead of a drive letter.  Would using that work?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:21 PM
  • Yes, That would work. You can then even re-direct the documents and Settings folder!  How do you mount a partition as a directory?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:27 PM
  • It's in Disk Management.  Right-click on the partition, and select the drive letter thing.  I think it has to be formatted NTFS, and so does the filesystem it's mounted to.  Not absolutely sure it will exclude it from WSS, but since that seems to work on a partition basis it looks possible.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:48 PM
  • Thank you for your help. you have been a great help. You can do it via GUI with Disk Management and you can also use command line  "MOUNTVOL" to do it as well.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:01 PM