Mac Outlook showing out of sync version of Exchange inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm curious if anyone has run into this issue before.  I have Outlook (currently 15.35) on a Mac desktop and laptop.  For some reason, deleted messages appear back in the inbox when switching between the two even though they're both talking to Exchange 2013.  If I log into the webmail interface and delete a message, the Mac Outlooks will show it disappear typically within a few seconds.  If I perform the same test on the Mac side, delete a message, it disappears in webmail, but it doesn't disappear on the other Mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Monday, July 17, 2017 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Will the deleted message disappear from the other Mac if we wait for enough time? 

Have you tried right clicking the Inbox where the deleted message is originally located and click 'Synchronize Now'?

Besides, we may also try to clear the cache of your Inbox folder and then see whether this issue continues. To do this, right click the Inbox folder, select Properties. Under General tab, click Empty Cache button.

Please let us know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:09 AM