getting wrong display name on missed call notification RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have an issue that when specific user call user b ,user b get missed call notification from one of my managers that is not related to the sepfic user called.

i have check delegation vis seftill and didnt find the isse there 

what can be done or check ,maybe sql query ?

and i found on manager SFB contact that he has call work number but dosent see this number on AD or SHP online 
    • Edited by snoam Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:31 PM
    • Changed type woshixiaobai Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi snoam,

Who owns the number, the manager or the specific user or both of them?

In my understanding, Lync Server generates a missed call notification by sending a SIP INFO message to Exchange server, which in turn performs a reverse number lookup of the caller and sends email to the callee with the missed call details.

During this reverse number lookup, if the incoming number is associated with any user or contact object on server (Exchange, Active Directory) or recipients personal contacts, it will be mapped with the caller or object name. If no match is found, just display the caller’s phone number. 

So about your scenario, you may check the number in the user client contact and AD. 

If there is duplicate configuration, I think it is better to separate them.

In addition, you could run “Update-CsUserDatabase” and “update-csaddressbook” to update the change for Lync address book.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:01 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:11 AM
  • Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Friday, May 31, 2019 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

I think maybe it could check the user in back-end database.

Right click the “rtcab” – “New Query”,

First run the command to get the user id.

Select * from dbo.AbAttributeValue where Value like '%user%'

Then check the information about this user by the id.

Select Name,Value from rtcab.dbo.AbAttributeValue,rtcab.dbo.AbAttribute where AttrId=Id and UserId = 'xx'

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:25 AM