none
Use of MS Project Management 2010 to Manage Multiple projects over a given time period RRS feed

• Question

• Is there some information (article/s) I can research about using MS Project Management 2010 for managing multiple projects over a given time period? I'm being asked by a potential client to take a job as a Program Manager to manage five projects all at once. Each of the projects has it's own MS Project Management software, project leader, and project team. An overall project plan has to be put together to manage this large project. There are some dependencies with these projects inorder to complete on a specific date.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:31 AM

All replies

• SSCDML --

In order to manage this program of five projects using Microsoft Project 2010, I would recommend you do the following:

• Create a shared resource pool file containing the resources in all five projects.
    • Connect each of the five projects as sharing files with the shared resource pool file to share the resources.
    • Create a master project for the program containing each of the five projects as subprojects.
    • In the master project, set cross-project links as needed to show dependencies between projects.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:44 PM