none
Sysprep and Capture TS Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Got a strange issue executing a Sysprep and Capture task sequence.  Attempting to build and capture an image.  Using 2 separate task sequences, a build TS that uses the Standard Client TS template and the capture TS that is run separately after the build TS is executed.

Build TS works fine, no issues.  However, when I run LiteTouch.vbs to execute the Capture TS, it fails.  Looking at the SMSTS.log, the log shows the steps from the build TS executing again. I'm not sure how this is possible as the Capture TS is being selected from the deployment wizard.

Anyone ever come across this before?

Thanks in advance!

Friday, July 1, 2016 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hi

Why don't you do build and capture in the same Task Sequence??

If you need to run manual action on the OS - then you can add a action with the LTIpause.vbs

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Mobility
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Saturday, July 2, 2016 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I understand what you suggest is possible.  But it doesn't explain the odd behavior I'm seeing.  What concerns me is that the deployment share has somehow become corrupt as I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on any other deployment share I have in my lab. If that is the case, what else may not work down the road?  Rather that work with a workaround, I'd like to understand and resolve the issue so in 6 months, the deployment share doesn't evolve and then have to be rebuilt because nothing will work at that point.

Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Hi

Is the first TS finish and running the cleanup - or is it like it never finish. That will explain the behavior.

Can you please provide the hole set of logfiles?

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Mobility
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:26 PM