Custom status in MS LYNC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can you please send me the steps to enable the custom status in LYNC from the server side also from the client side which is suggested by the Microsoft LYNC Team?

I think MS will provide two different set of steps for the client as well as for the server side.

Thanks,

Puneet

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Following link may help you ; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398997.aspx

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:01 AM
  • Here is a step-by-step article which contains more detail then the TechNet doc linked above:

http://blog.schertz.name/2010/11/adding-custom-presence-to-lync

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Monday, September 24, 2012 11:56 AM
  • I dont want to disable the EnableSIPHighSecurityMode key which present in the registry because it can security raise a threat ? Any other solution Pls
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:10 AM
  • By default the Lync client can only utilize HTTPS connections to a web service and if if the customer XML presence file is stored on a local disk the client will still need to have the EnableSIPHighSecurityMode parameter disabled to allow HTTP connection to local or remote URLs.

If you must retain the default client behavior then you'll need to place the .xml file on an HTTPS-enabled web server.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:22 AM
  • I've just updated my old article on this to cover the HTTPS process in more detail, refresh your browser and scroll down to the second half of the article :)

http://blog.schertz.name/2010/11/adding-custom-presence-to-lync

• Marked as answer by Puneet1301 Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:22 PM
  • Is there any chance of allowing users to configure their statuses themselves directly through the UI like other chat software?

Does this cape make my butt look big?

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:31 PM
  • I would like to know the same thing.  Our users don't want to deal with presence.xml or other programming approaches to changing their presense, location or status.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:55 PM
  • No, only via the approaches I've documented.  Normally you don't want the users to pick their own customer presence states, you would provide for them programmatically the 4 additional states you approve and then they just select them from the list.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:08 PM
  • What about Lync client 2013?

Thanks, Shehatovich

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:55 PM