Can I make my calculated column editable as well? RRS feed

• Question

• Novice Kid makes his bows to all Gurus yet again!

Just needed some help with calculated columns in a SharePoint list. Suppose I have a column 'Base Price', and another column 'Actual Price', which is a calculated column. By default, the value for 'Actual Price' is calculated by the formula 1.11 * [(Base Price)]. So for a base price of 10, it will calculate an actual price of 11.1. But in reality, the actual price is rounded off to 11, instead of 11.1. Is there some way I can override the value in the 'Actual Price' column? Is there some way I can make it editable?

Salutations to all my Gurus again!

Novice Kid

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, March 28, 2011 11:55 AM std function so admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, March 28, 2011 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In the "Actual Price" calculated column - which type you have selected under "The data type returned from this formula is:"

You have selected Number type and put Decimal number @ 0.

Change number of decimal places to Automatic

Please let us know after above changes, and in addition you can use single line of text category to achieve this as well

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, April 4, 2011 8:03 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2011 12:15 PM