none
FIM 2010 classic sync rule - SQL Map RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a sync rule in place for an MA that imports data from an Oracle view. The atribute flow does the value for Department after looking into a few attributes coming in from the Oracle view and parsing them out and used the parsed value on a xml lookup table to obtain the value of the department that the attribute in the MV gets stamped with. Here is an example of one of the rows in the lookup at present:

<dept-BENEFITSHOUST department="BenH"/>

Here it picks up the value from LineOfBus= Benefits, Location=Houston etc. to form "dept-BENEFITSHOUST" and then use it to seek "BenH" from the above row in the XML table that gets written to the department attrib in MV. We are trying to replace the XML mapping table to a SQL table with the pair of values and perhaps an extra column for Id. Could you give me an idea as to how we can go about it? I guess a call on each row to the SQL mapping table will slow it down tremendously. I will much appreciate if you guys can give me any idea or point me to the right direction. One of my thought is to use a hash table but I am not sure if that is going to work under the circumstances.

Thanks.

RT.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:25 PM

Answers

• If I'm understanding you correctly, you trying the do an advanced flow rule that does a lookup? As a general rule, I try to clean data before I admit it to the FIM Sync engine leaving a much smoother direct flow setup.

I'd put some thoughts into maybe doing this mapping before the data gets to the Oracle view. Maybe replacing the view with a table in Oracle that you can populate behind FIM's back through some a stored procedure in Oracle code.

If you're not able to do this, you have a look at my PowerShell MA and write a small PowerShell import script that does your data cleaning/modelling before presenting this to FIM. I've used this a number of times when getting "unclean" HR data.

Hope this help.

Regards, Soren Granfeldt
    blog is at http://blog.goverco.com | twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/MrGranfeldt

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:54 AM