Single ATA GW for Two DC's Port Mirroring Config RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just would like to verify something quick. I plan to implement ATA in an environment with a single ATA GW. This environment also consists of two domain controllers and i would like to have this single GW monitor traffic for both domain controllers.

Therefore would like to know if its possible to Mirror traffic of two DC's to the single ATA GW and what would be the config in that case?

The ATA GW would be running as a VM on a Hyper-v host.

Some guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, July 21, 2016 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

it is possible. Within the ATA Center you have the ATA GW config. Here you have to specify at least one DC and you can also add other DCs here.

Regards

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for your response. So it is possible to Mirror traffic of two domain controllers into one ATA GW?

Thanks

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

yes. It is also possible to mirror more than 2 into 1 ATA GW....depending on your server resources.

Regards

Friday, July 22, 2016 6:02 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for the information. I have done the server sizing according to the packet frequency based on the sizing tool therefore hopefully the suggested sizing should be able to handle the load of both the domain controllers

Regards

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:45 AM
    Right click on switch and select Edit Settings
    Choose Port Mirroring and click Add. Enter the following configuration.
      Name: ATA Port Mirror
      Description: Port mirror for DC’s to ATA Gateway
    For source, configure the following:
      Traffic direction: Ingress/Egress
      Port: Select the ports which connect to the DC’s
    For destination, configure the following:
      Destination type: Port
      Port: Select the port which connects to the ATA Gateway Port Monitoring interface
    Click Enable this port mirroring session
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:17 PM