How do you execute a DOS CMD script loaded in a Notepad file? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DOS CMD script (.txt) supplied by a maths professor to run on a .wma music file. The purpose is to add sequence numbers in front of the .wma records. He gave an example of a .bmt file, which I cannot use, probably needing special software. When I try to enter the lines of his CMD script after a DOS prompt, it does not recognize the command. How do I run this .txt script, or change it to .bmt? It lies as a Notepad file in the same directory as the music file.

Thank-you

Hennie

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 4:05 PM

All replies

• Cannot see any listing to a .bmt file that would a command script, ask your professor about that.

Rename the script .cmd to make it a command script file see if it runs then. Also post a copy of script so others can look and help \ comment on that script.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:34 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, for script issue, I suggest discussing it in our MSDN forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:34 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 3:37 AM