none
MDT Deployment 2013 task sequence doesn't complete RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have an MDT 2013 SP1 deployment sequence set up for Windows 7 and a range of various laptop models. The issue I am about to describe seems to happen randomly on various models.

The task sequence gets all the way to the first autologin step and just stays on the desktop not doing anything. At this point the final tasks are executed and the summary screen appears, but nothing happens.

I am not able to open anything as i am prompted by a "Windows Security" dialog saying:

These files can't be opened: Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened.

This message appears if i try to run any executable. None of the usual MDT logs are there and I cannot figure out what is stopping the sequence from completing. I have found some references to Windows Defender online but not much info on this problem out there.

Friday, August 21, 2015 8:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Arthur,

Please refer the following article to resolve the windows security issue and check again:

These files can’t be opened. Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:09 AM
  • OPEN IE > internet option > security tab ...hit the restricted sites> enable “launching applications and unsafe files(not secure)” click on apply and ok... this shud fix it

BasementMouse

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Arthur,

Please refer the following article to resolve the windows security issue and check again:

These files can’t be opened. Your Internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:09 AM
  • OPEN IE > internet option > security tab ...hit the restricted sites> enable “launching applications and unsafe files(not secure)” click on apply and ok... this shud fix it

BasementMouse

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:35 AM