locked
Responce Groups not Working RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    All of a suddent our responce groups have stopped working. I have tried re-creating them, restarting etc to no avail.

    There is the following error in the Event Log:

    Lync Server 2010, Response Group Service Match Making could not find the Contact object used for subscribing to agents' presence.

     

    Cause: The application has not been properly activated or the Contact object was deleted.

    Resolution:

    Deactivate and then activate the application for this pool.

     

    This looks like it could be the cuplrit but I can't work out how to De-activate and then Re-activate the application for the pool.

    I saw the following article but the advice offered didn't work for me:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsclients/thread/cd25ddec-6e1e-4d58-9a9a-a530abfa82e3/

    This is a Standard Edition Server.

     

    Thans in advance.

    Jas :)

     

    Friday, November 11, 2011 4:34 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    in control panel, toplogy, do you see all the applications are upa and running? have you tried restarting the RGS Service from Windos services? also open the workflow and check whether the configurations are done correctly.

    Thamara.

    Friday, November 11, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Hi,

    Thanks for the reply, all the applications show as up and running and I've tried restarting the RGS Service and the whole server to no avail.

    With regard to the configuration, this hasn't changed in the last three months.

    I created another responce group to test with and am getting the same error.

     

    Jas :)

     

    Friday, November 11, 2011 4:55 AM
  • do you get any recurring errors in Event Viewer related to RGS? have you applied any windows updates in the FE server?

    Thamara.

    Friday, November 11, 2011 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

    I have now found that they arear to have stopped working after CU3 was applied to the server.

    Unfortunately removing the update does not correct the issue.

    The only recuring error message is the one detailed in the inital posting.

     

    Jas :)

     

    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:08 AM
  • I had this same issue in a lab enviroment, what i did to correct it was to remove the references from AD using ADSI Edit, then recreate the Response Groups.

     

    This might NOT be your issue, but to confirm. Open Lync Powershell and run Get-CsApplicationEndpoint

    And check for messages in the list in "YELLOW"

    You will see something like

    WARNING: "RegistrarPool" with identity "594603069" assigned to

    "sip:1905555555@sipdomain.com" has been removed from configuration store.

      

    Below that showed the following

     

    Identity : CN={5bf72950-f903-4177-8887-3635a433618f},CN=Applicati

    on Contacts,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuratio

    n,DC=Domain,DC=local

    RegistrarPool : 594603069

    HomeServer : CN=Lc Services\0ADEL:c5c61b5f-19a0-49a0-9aa3-e6841778f

    1d1,CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=Domain,DC

    =local

    OwnerUrn : urn:application:RGS

    SipAddress :sip:1905555555@sipdomain.ca

    DisplayName : Company Name

    DisplayNumber : +19055555555

    LineURI :tel:+19055555555

    PrimaryLanguage : 0

    SecondaryLanguages : {}

    EnterpriseVoiceEnabled : True

    Enabled : True

    Open ADSI Edit, using Configuration. and find the path under "Identity: in the above example. Delete the CN record ie. "CN={5bf72950-f903-4177-8887-3635a433618f}" . and recreate your Response Group

     

    Hope this helps!


    • Edited by Tim_MCP Monday, November 14, 2011 6:07 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Tim_MCP Monday, November 14, 2011 6:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, November 18, 2011 1:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jason Bailey Friday, November 18, 2011 7:42 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 6:05 PM
  • Hi Jason,

    After you update to CU3 you can try to publish the topology builder again to verift if the problem can be solved.


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:46 AM
  • Hi,

    I ran the commandlet you mentioned but all the objects listed were green.

    As of the moment it is still unresolved, in order to work arround it I had to install a second server without CU3 on it which now hosts responce group.

    I will revisit the issue when the next updates are released.

     

    Jas :)

     

    Friday, November 18, 2011 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

    I re-published the topology and recreated the responce groups but the problem still existed.

     

    Jas :)

     

    Friday, November 18, 2011 7:45 AM