none
Configuration and training required for Project Server 2010 install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

My company currently has a lowish level of maturity using Project and that want an all encompassing tool to assist them with Portfolio management as well as day to day project management.

They have singled out Project Server 2010 and want to manage the configuration of the application through the use of some training provided to members of the PMO (of which I am one)

Now this is purely a cost issue and they believe it will be cheaper to run the config activities in house, I imagine, arraning workflows, stages, templates, etc.

However, can someone tell me how easy or difficult this aspect of the set up will be for non-MSP server people.  I believe this activity to be crucial to the fundamental use of the application post install and need to explain the step to the people who want to run this on their own.

Our techy team can probably deal with the install, I just want to know what is involved after that if anyone can help?  i.e. understanding business requirements, processes and then adapting MSP Server to fit.

Thanks in advance

Sean

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:30 AM

All replies