Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    My OS is Vista 32-bit. When I open Windows explorer, it opens a specific path. I want to change this path and all I need is when I open Windows Explorer to get me to the folder I will configure. 
    thanx
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:00 AM

Answers

• To open in a different location:

Click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Windows Explorer > Properties > Shortcut Tab and change the Target box to where you want it to open, e.g. to open the Documents folder, type the following %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe C:\Users\your user name\Documents\ (note the space) then Apply, OK, etc.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:37 AM

All replies

• To open in a different location:

Click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Windows Explorer > Properties > Shortcut Tab and change the Target box to where you want it to open, e.g. to open the Documents folder, type the following %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe C:\Users\your user name\Documents\ (note the space) then Apply, OK, etc.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:37 AM
  • Thank you very much
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:01 AM
  • I tried to apply the same to  a colleague but it did not work. When you open the Windows Explores the path leads to the C:\Start Menu.

Kind Regards

Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:27 AM
  • There are possibly two things you or your colleague are doing wrongly:

1. Not going to the Shortcut Tab via All Programs > Accessories and right-clicking Windows Explorer > Properties
    2. Changing the first bit in Target Box, which should be %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe followed by a space followed by the preferred location, e.g. D:\ to look at the D drive.

• Edited by BurrWalnut Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:24 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:47 PM
  • I typed myself the same path as I did to my PC, I will try again.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:56 PM