Biztalk 2010 administration - Receive Locations and Send Ports toggle status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have noticed that sometimes if the cursor is on a Receive Location and I try to go to a send port section, it takes a while.  This being said, when I go back to the receive locations, the one that I was on has either toggled to "Started" if it was "Stopped" or to "Stopped" if it was "Started".  This also happens in the send port section.

We have 381 send ports and 143 Receive Locations so sometimes it is a little difficult to identify exactly which toggled as the page gets refreshed. 

Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks

Shawn

Monday, June 1, 2015 11:41 PM

Answers

• The other evening I was working on gathering info from our PROD into a word document, I had a receive location selected, opened it and copy the address, went to a word document, pasted it and typed some stuff, returned to the Biztalk environment and when I selected the send port section, I noticed it took a long time, when I went back to the receive, it was disabled...

And this happened quite a few times during the process of gathering the info.

Hi Shawn,

Have you checked in event viewer for error log information? Please have a look into event viewer and confirm the error.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 3:37 AM

All replies

• No, this is the first I've have heard of such a behavior.

Are you sure the Ports or Locations aren't altered without you seeing and you just getting the refreshed view?  Someone else maybe?

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:36 AM
  • No, this has happened multiple times and we are very limited as to who can log onto the server.

And this evening, I was the only one working

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:50 AM
  • The other evening I was working on gathering info from our PROD into a word document, I had a receive location selected, opened it and copy the address, went to a word document, pasted it and typed some stuff, returned to the Biztalk environment and when I selected the send port section, I noticed it took a long time, when I went back to the receive, it was disabled...

Friday, December 18, 2015 3:33 PM

Hi Shawn,

Have you checked in event viewer for error log information? Please have a look into event viewer and confirm the error.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 3:37 AM