Enforce device unlock PIN on Android Dedicated Device (kiosk) profile RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone found a way to enforce a device unlock PIN on Android devices that are enrolled as Corporate Owned Dedicated Devices (kiosk) ?

None of my attempts to push a policy setting enforicing a device PIN have worked, and all of them show Failed when trying to apply this particular setting.

I seen someone else mention its because an app like the Company Portal, or Intune doesnt reside on the device to enforce policies.

Wondering if anyone else has found a way round this?

Only way we can do it at the moment is have our onsite staff setup a PIN manually when they enroll a device, but the problem with this is that an end user can change the Unlock method from PIN back to Swipe.

Thanks, Mick.

Monday, July 8, 2019 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hello Mick,

To my knowledge, it's not supported for enforcing PIN on the Android Dedicated devices.

Basically, you can assign the compliance policy to the dedicated device, and it may show as Not compliant. However, Conditional Access and enforcing compliant isn't available on dedicated devices. 

Therefore, it can't be enforced PIN.

I would recommend to submit a feature request on the Intune Uservoice site.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mick_J Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:44 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Mick,

To my knowledge, it's not supported for enforcing PIN on the Android Dedicated devices.

Basically, you can assign the compliance policy to the dedicated device, and it may show as Not compliant. However, Conditional Access and enforcing compliant isn't available on dedicated devices. 

Therefore, it can't be enforced PIN.

I would recommend to submit a feature request on the Intune Uservoice site.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mick_J Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:44 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Thanks Andy, I submitted a request via User Voice yesterday so hopefully this is one feature that they realise organisations will be looking for.

Appreciate the response, was just looking for clarity on that particular area and if anyone had implemented a feasible a workaround.

Mick

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:44 AM