Issue with wikipedia accelerator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have win 8.1 and IE11. To be honest I am about at the end of the line with IE. It is hard to understand how MS could have a brought out a browser which fails in so many web sites. This is a browser which installed itself with default setting of clear cookies on exit and a setting hidden away that made Google unusable. Dev tools on it are unclear and no longer work properly. It feels like madness.

Anyway, my particular pet hate (well one among many actually) is that the accelerator for wikipedia no longer works if I search for two word or more. eg  I select "James brown" on a webpage and click the accelerator it arrives at Wikipedia as "James+Brown" which gives no results.

The same annoying think happens if you type "James brown" into the address bar which is supposed to be a search bar but does not work at all. You end up with "Page cannot be displayed" and http://james%20brown/ in the address bar.

I was in a meeting the other day about a new website and someone raised the issue of what version of IE should they make it compatible with. However after a brief discussion it was decided that as less then 10% of users were on IE on the current site and that figure was halving every six month, it was not worth the bothering about.

Anyway if I wish to continue with IE I need to fix the issue of the search and accelerator so if there is an answer I would be grateful.

thanks

jc

jc

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:33 PM

Answers

• Hi A1,

third party accelerators are well... published by third parties... IEGallery.com (the official MS IE Addons portal, verifies the safety of submitted addons at the time of publishing)

Tools>Manage Addons>Accelerators

click on the Installed from link to check for any updates to that accelerator from the publisher.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:37 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:26 AM