locked
xml disassembler encoding problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I am having a problem with encoding the message received through xml disassembler.

    the message contains the charaters :  ü(HEX: 00B0) and  °(HEX: 00FC)

    I think that converting the encoding of the message to encoding iso-8859-1 will solve the problem.

    I have used some "fix encoding receive pipelines" and tried several encodings but still with no hope.

    is this a bug in the XML disassembler component ? any help please??

    Thanks,


    Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:20 AM

Answers

  • Just try http://winterdom.com/2006/01/fixmessageencodingcustompipelinecomponentsample

    Could you paste the error message?


    Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:38 AM
  • Please refer .. http://winterdom.com/2006/01/fixmessageencodingcustompipelinecomponentsample Hope it help
    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:49 AM
  • Hi,

    I was using the wrong component, i tried using Fix Message Encoding component instead of Set Message Encoding component and it worked.

    Thanks,


    Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

    Monday, July 2, 2012 1:44 PM

All replies

  • Just try http://winterdom.com/2006/01/fixmessageencodingcustompipelinecomponentsample

    Could you paste the error message?


    Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:38 AM
  • I think UTF-8 would probably be your best bet.  Make sure that the file is actually encoded in this format, and that the formatting is declared correctly.

    And I believe you have your hex characters matched to their literals the wrong way round. :)


    If this is helpful or answers your question - please mark accordingly.
    Because I get points for it which gives my life purpose (also, it helps other people find answers quickly)

    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:40 AM
  • Please refer .. http://winterdom.com/2006/01/fixmessageencodingcustompipelinecomponentsample Hope it help
    Monday, July 2, 2012 9:49 AM
  • Nadeem and Raja,

    I have used that custom pipleline and i still get the error:

    Message Suspended. Reason: An error occurred when parsing the incoming document: "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 7316.".  

    I tried all codepages such as utf8 and ISO and others. The problem is that i have an xml disassembler in the pipeline in the next stage after the encoding stage.

    Please help..


    Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi Alastair,

    I tried UTF8 and it didnt work. i cannot change the source file encoding as it is coming from the customer


    Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:22 AM
  • You can .. Use Default passt hrough  Pipleine I Send port

    or also in custom Pipline there is option "Preserve BOM Characters"  Just set to false ..

    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:30 AM
  • also refer

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/e9b62329-bb33-4e92-b021-2dff6d51e0e3

    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:32 AM
  • I cant use default pass through because i need to disassemble....

    I do not receive the BOM character in the input message so changing that option will not change anything


    Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:51 AM
  • Hi,

    I was using the wrong component, i tried using Fix Message Encoding component instead of Set Message Encoding component and it worked.

    Thanks,


    Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

    Monday, July 2, 2012 1:44 PM