Changing Live TV Channels in WMC RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can set up Live TV in Windows Media Center (I am using a set-top box) and everything works properly.  However, eventually I lose the ability to change channels in Live TV.  They will not chage via the keyboard, Windows Remote, or using the mouse in the WMC window.  The channel number will display in the WMC window but it seems communication is lost with set-top box and the channel will not change.  They will change with the set-top box remote.  If I go through the set up process again, the channel change function will work for a while and then stop. 

Any ideas?

Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please check if the infrared remote (IR) control cable is positioned correctly on the front of the set-top box, as well as the connectivity. If the IR control cable is not positioned or connected correctly, Windows Media Center cannot send a signal to the set-top box to change a channel.

Note: If you are having trouble placing the IR control cable on the set-top box correctly, try using a flashlight to locate the signal receiver on the set-top box.

Besides, you can try different IR sending speeds, some similar issues happen if the speed is too high or too low.

If the problem still persists, please let me know the your system information and the model of set-top box. I’m happy to be of further assistance.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please check if the infrared remote (IR) control cable is positioned correctly on the front of the set-top box, as well as the connectivity. If the IR control cable is not positioned or connected correctly, Windows Media Center cannot send a signal to the set-top box to change a channel.

Note: If you are having trouble placing the IR control cable on the set-top box correctly, try using a flashlight to locate the signal receiver on the set-top box.

Besides, you can try different IR sending speeds, some similar issues happen if the speed is too high or too low.

If the problem still persists, please let me know the your system information and the model of set-top box. I’m happy to be of further assistance.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 5:05 AM
  • I have a related question. 

I do have a remote, but WMC dosen't recognize it and can't seem to learn it,  I been thrugh the setup menue a "million" times and I can't get it to regognize my DishNetwork remote codes.  I was able to get the remote to change a chanel, but not based on the number input.  When inputting a number the chanel went up one.

I would be willing to operate withot a remote, but it won't allow that either. 

I don't want to have to by an other software to watch TV on my pc. 

I have a gateway comptuer dx440x which came with no documetation on the installed TV card.  I was able to connect the RF cables,  which WMC seem to recongnize becaue it said it couldn't find them before I did install them. 

I'm on DishNetwork and the model reciver is DishPro 311.   

Do you  know what I may be doing wrong?

I need help!

Thanks

Frank

Monday, February 4, 2008 4:30 AM