none
Active & Inactive Title Bar colours changing by themselves? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, was directed here by Microsoft Community. Hope I've come to the right place

At my work we use Windows 7 professional but are working from servers. I think our setup is Workspace Manager.

Anyhow, we have no rights whatsoever to customize anything so that we all have the exact same setup. This is all set by the IT dept.  

Recently I got a new machine and since then my inactive and active title bars have gone weird. Don't really care about the colour however they are so dark you can't read the text.

This isn't apparent in any area of windows. Only in 2 of the programs I use and it isn't the title bars that are the problem, it's the selected and unselected rows. Our IT dept can't figure it out. It's not the programs because they don't have the facility to customise.

So every morning I have to go to Personalize> Window Color > Advanced appearance Settings and change the Active & Inactive Title Bar colours which fixes it.  (IT have allowed me to access it!) But when I log back in the next day it goes back to the stupid colours. It's driving me nuts.

It's not even the windows Default colours. Also if I log in to another computer it is not affected.

Does any one know how to fix this? Please!

Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi JenDingbat,

Have you made any modifications to the machine?

These configurations are related to these registry keys.
    KKCU>Control Panel>Desktop>Colors>Active Title, InActive Title

It seems that there is something wrong with the user profiles. Please login with another account to have a troubleshoot.
    We could modify this configuration from the registry key manually to have a check. Please backup the registry keys before we made modifications to it.

If it is proved the user account has been corrupted, we could refer to the following link to fix the corrupted user account.
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 2, 2015 7:55 AM