How can we minimize to open a window when open a new tab? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use Internet Explorer,because its very fast compare to others,but when we open a new tab it open a new window also.So

How can we minimize to open a window when open a new tab?

Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:16 PM

Answers

• when look in my task bar here two tabs are open in two windows.

Clearer evidence of "two windows" would be seen by using Alt-Tab.  E.g. if you see two instances of IE that way then your symptom sounds like you are getting a popup and don't have your Tab settings to open them in a tab of an existing window.  Otherwise you may only be complaining about seeing your tabs listed in the Taskbar.  That's another Tab setting:  Show previews for individual tabs in the Taskbar * (requires restart to see effect of change)

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, March 24, 2014 9:46 AM
    Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:40 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Aatik,

I think this thread is specific to TechNet IE forum. So I am helping you to move this thread directly into that forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 14, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Hi Aatik,

I'm not sure whether I'm fully understand what you're referring to, I guess you mean that when you click a link, it displays a new windows instead a new tab inside the original window, if so, you can change the setting by click Tools\Internet Options\General\Tab, Under "When a pop-up is encountered", select "Always open pop-ups in a new tab". if I'm misunderstanding something, please free correct.

<o:p></o:p>

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 14, 2014 9:30 AM
  • I tried,but when look in my task bar here two tabs are open in two windows.
    Friday, March 14, 2014 8:31 PM
  • I tried,but when look in my task bar here two tabs are open in two windows.
    Friday, March 14, 2014 8:33 PM
  • when look in my task bar here two tabs are open in two windows.

Clearer evidence of "two windows" would be seen by using Alt-Tab.  E.g. if you see two instances of IE that way then your symptom sounds like you are getting a popup and don't have your Tab settings to open them in a tab of an existing window.  Otherwise you may only be complaining about seeing your tabs listed in the Taskbar.  That's another Tab setting:  Show previews for individual tabs in the Taskbar * (requires restart to see effect of change)

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, March 24, 2014 9:46 AM
    Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:40 PM
    Answerer