none
Doubt in Resource Sheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Greetings!!!

I'm working with resource, I found "available from" and "available to" column  there it shows as 24 hours time for a resource. But i have assigned a calendar as 8 hours working from 8 to 6.

Can any one tell me why it is showing as 24 hours.

Thanks in advance

With Regards,

Haritha

Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:33 AM

All replies

• The available from and available to columns are showing information from the Resource Availability, where you can limit a resource's availability to the project by setting dates.  If the resource is assigned outside those dates, they will show as overallocated.

If you want to confirm the resource's working time calendar, click the Change Working Time button in the Resource Information dialog.

• Proposed as answer by John - Project Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:07 PM
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Haritha,

I think Julie answered your question but I'm a little confused. Where do you see hours associated with a resource's "available from" and "available to" columns? The availability is shown as either a decimal or percentage depending on your option setting for assignment units. Nowhere does it show hours in the Resource Information window.

John

Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Hi John,

I believe Haritha added the Available From and Available To fields to a Resource view.  They show as date/time.

Julie

Saturday, January 3, 2015 9:19 PM
  • Julie,

Okay, that does make a little more sense if the poster is mentally subtracting the "from" time from the "to" time. I can see why the poster is confused. I think this is a case of too much information being made available to the user.

John

Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:55 AM