Outlook 2016 Exchange 2016 syncing two clients on the same network, only one works correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I’m using two Outlook 2016 clients on two different systems, a desktop PC and a notebook, both running Windows 10. When both are in the same network, the client at the notebook does not sync correctly with the Exchange 2016 server. After opening Outlook at the notebook, all the new mails are there but disappear one by one within seconds. When a new mail comes in, it shows up for a few seconds and then disappears. The other client at the desktop PC shows all the mails correctly.

As soon as the notebook is connected to a different network, it gets synced correctly.

I tried reinstalling Outlook and found out, that it’s always the system where Outlook was installed earlier, which makes the troubles.

Has anyone seen this behavior and can give me a hint on how to solve that issue

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:44 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the update, Franz. 

>>I can find the emails when I search for them. Outlook says: ‘In Folder: Inbox’, but they are not there when I switch back to the folder Inbox. 

We may try to start Outlook with /cleanviews switch and see whether this helps. To do this, exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanviews and press Enter.

Please let us know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 22, 2017 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Franzzz Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I tried reinstalling Outlook and found out, that it’s always the system where Outlook was installed earlier, which makes the troubles.

By this, do you mean after reinstalling Outlook on the notebook, the issue shifted to the desktop PC?

>>After opening Outlook at the notebook, all the new mails are there but disappear one by one within seconds.

In this case, can you find the emails if we search for them?

Meanwhile, we may try to create a new mail profile on the problematic computer and then see whether this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, September 18, 2017 9:18 AM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:39 AM
  • Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply.

>>By this, do you mean after reinstalling Outlook on the notebook, the issue shifted to the desktop PC?

Yes, that means after reinstalling Outlook on the notebook, the issue shifted to the desktop PC and vice versa. Meanwhile I have changed to a new hardware so I’m working with a clean, fresh OS and Outlook installation now. Still there is the same Issue.

>>In this case, can you find the emails if we search for them?

I can find the emails when I search for them. Outlook says: ‘In Folder: Inbox’, but they are not there when I switch back to the folder Inbox. 

>>Meanwhile, we may try to create a new mail profile on the problematic computer and then see whether this issue continues.

I have deleted the profile and all corresponding files and created a new one. The first sync was working fine and everything seemed to be ok for about two days, then the problem reappeared.

Regards,

Franz

• Edited by Franzzz Monday, September 18, 2017 10:25 AM
    Monday, September 18, 2017 10:22 AM
  • Thank you for the update, Franz. 

>>I can find the emails when I search for them. Outlook says: ‘In Folder: Inbox’, but they are not there when I switch back to the folder Inbox. 

We may try to start Outlook with /cleanviews switch and see whether this helps. To do this, exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanviews and press Enter.

Please let us know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 22, 2017 9:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Franzzz Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:44 AM