can't pin programs to taskbar in 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I can pin windows apps - Read, Finance - to the taskbar - they appear and work (not that i use them). When i pin programs - Chrome, Word - it says that is is pinned but nothing shows up in the taskbar.

Rebooted = no change

Checked Registry to ensure this feature was enabled= no change

I have been able to pin what i want up until Friday so not sure what happened - everything is updated and there have been no changes made on my computer.

thanks 

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please following the path below to check if Word and Chrome shortcut was there:

C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

If so, Please delete these files and try to pin to taskbar again for test, then check if  this issue fixed.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 23, 2014 1:02 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:39 AM

All replies

• this PC connected to domain?

you sure no changes before this issue happen? Windows update, install or reinstall program

try to run system file checker

try to do system restore

I suspected corrupted user profile, try to create new user account to test

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:15 AM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

Please following the path below to check if Word and Chrome shortcut was there:

C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

If so, Please delete these files and try to pin to taskbar again for test, then check if  this issue fixed.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, June 23, 2014 1:02 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:39 AM