Windows 7 Professional back up and no drivers for coprocessor issues RRS feed

• Question

• I do not understand all the details given in other posts... I need a simple fix!

I am ready to dump Windows 7 and go back to Vista...

I have been unable to fix the 'no drivers for the unidentify coprossor error 28' so I decided to do a system back up... and I had to fully reload everything from my Vista Home version was not compatable. ugh... what a nightmare and now almost 24 hrs to do 73% of back up... how much space on my external drive is it going to take... I hardly have anything on my newly set up computer.... why is it taking 24 hrs.... thought Windows 7 professional was supposed to be a good thing for business.... this is NOT....   PLEASE HELP!  Be as simple as possible PLEASE!

Saturday, December 11, 2010 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

About your first issue “No driver for the unidentify coprocessor error 28”. I suspect you were using Nvidia Nforce mainboard. Please try to install the drivers form www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx.

If you are not using Nvdia mainboard, could you please tell that what mainboard you use?

For the second issue, I suspect you were using a USB1.1 or USB 1.0 external hard disk Box or the USB voltage is too low to support your external drive.
    Please check it.

Otherwise, the next time when you want to back up something, please temporarily disable your anti-virus software.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, December 20, 2010 3:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:46 AM