none
PLAY BACK PROBLEMS IN WINDOWS 7.ON PENTIUM 4 HT DESIGNED FOR WINDOWS XP

Question

• CANT DOWNLOAD PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER.SHOWS ERROR 28
    • Moved by Amy Wang_ Monday, December 19, 2016 6:16 AM Windows 7 related from Windows Server General forum
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As this issue is related to Windows 7, I have moved this thread into Windows 7 forum so that you would get more efficient support.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

It’s not that the driver file for your PCI Simple Communications Controller which is lost or corrupt. It’s the path of the driver file which is broken. To resolve this issue, you need to update the driver which establishes a new path for the broken driver file.

By the way, who is your computer manufacturer? Mention the make/model number?

Did you try updating the driver for your PCI Simple Communications Controller?

Did you try re-installing your chipset/motherboard drivers to see if that help you to fix the problem?

Firstly, I would suggest you to manually update the drivers for your PCI Simple Communications Controller. To do so, follow the steps below.

I: Update the driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking  System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.‌

2. In the list of hardware categories, under other devices, double-click on PCI Simple Communications Controller.

3. Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. You can initially choose the option “Browse my computer for driver software”. If you choose this option, it is better to insert your drivers and utilities CD for your motherboard so that windows can get the drivers from the CD.

5. If this doesn’t help, you can choose the other option “Search automatically for the driver software”

For Your Information:

If your computer manufacturer is Dell, then you can download the driver from the following link which has fixed the issue for so many end users.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN119457/en

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:13 AM