none
Query FIM user not registered for SSPR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I was wondering if there is any way of retrieve that information in VB script. I want to check if the user has already registered for SSPR, if he did then A would happen and if he didn't then B would happen. What I don't exactly know is where is that flag that tells if specific user has completed or not the SSPR, it is in Active Directory or do I have to connect to FIM web service?

I want the application to be executed in an specific PC and get the loged user information.

Well it would really help also to get the code or an approach.

Thanks!

Matias

• Edited by matmanr Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:15 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:10 PM

All replies

• You can query users not registered in SSPR through AuthNWFRegistered  attribute on a user  - simple example from one of my deployment scripts:

/Person[not(AuthNWFRegistered = '" + $authenticationWflowId +"')]

where authenticationWflowId  is ID of a workflow you use to register users in SSPR. Pretty simple task using PShell. You can also construct a set based on this and then do something based on set transiton.

Tomek Onyszko, memberOf Predica FIM Team (http://www.predica.pl), IdAM knowledge provider @ http://blog.predica.pl

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:50 PM
  • Ok I see, would you please help me with the code for VB? I mean, I understand what you've said but I don't know how to code it. I would appreciate that help, thanks!

Regards,

Matias

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:54 PM
  • u can give up on VB script.

The only supported way is to use powershell

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:20 AM
  • By merging Tomasz's suggestion with How to Use PowerShell to Export All Users Who Have Registered for Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR), you should be able to get what you are looking for in PowerShell.

It is probably just a matter of replacing $Filter...

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Ok, thank you!! So there is no way to do it in VB Script, ok.
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:33 PM