none
PS2010: Resource synchronization fails in project site creation and when changes users at the Security Groups. RRS feed

• Question

• I am not using AD syncronization for resource pool and security groups in Project Server 2010.

When I publish a new Project or try to create a Project web site manually it creates the Project site, but fails to synch the resources.

If I add or change one or more resources at the Project Managers security group at PWA it also fails to synchronize the root site and existing Project web sites.

I looked at the ULS log and appears the the following error:

Add or remove resources from a Security Group error excerpts:

"GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - AddSingleUserMembershipInWss.AddSingleUserMembershipInWssMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='36d89522-f218-4bd2-870e-f07c9292435e' JobUID='f083e721-d7b2-4334-839b-fb10b5c0c513' "

"Failed to find the XML file at location '14\Template\Features\ReportServer\feature.xml'

Feature definition missing for Feature 'ReportServer' (Id: 'e8389ec7-70fd-4179-a1c4-6fcb4342d7a0')"

Create a new Project site error excerpt:

"CreateWssSiteContent: Creating project site failed! Project Uid=20450550-17ec-4278-83b0-b86116c63fb9, site URL=http://project.b2w/PWA/Teste 1001 2S, site name=Teste 1001 2S. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8107058A): <nativehr>0x8107058a</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>The content type name _$Resources:ReportServerResources,DataSourceContentTypeName;_ cannot contain: \ / : * ? " # % < > { } | ~ & , two consecutive periods (..), or special characters such as a tab..."

My Project site template is exactly the same than original Project Server site template (for test purpose) but created as Project site and then saved as template with another name.

In both cases there are a reference to "ReportServer", but I do not have either a Report Server installed in the farm or the Reporting Services Service Application.

Any ideas how can I correct this issue?

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Segawa,

In the above thread you are saying that there are reference to "Report Server". Save the template to local file system and extract the template. Now check the onet.xml under "Webtemplates" folder. Do you see the references of report server there.

If that is the case, my suggestion would be to recreate the template without the reference for report server and then test the behavior.

Also, you can even remove the reference in the onet.xml and use some compressing tools to rebuild the wsp file and then use that as template.

Happy troubleshooting...

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:37 AM