none
Fully automated Post OS Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to find a way to deploy a base OS VM from template and then call MDT to finish the config by running a post os task sequence. I'd like to be able to do this by either passing in paramaters or setting environment variables. I'd rather not get into the mess of using a database or having lots of sections in the customsettings.ini because this will be pretty dynamic. Is there any way to call a specific task sequence after an OS is on a system without using a database or customsettings.ini?

Thanks,
    Rich

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:07 PM

Answers

• You have missed this thread:

Is there any way to launch a specific task sequence from the command prompt?

And then I quote Johan Arwidmark's answer:

"Sure, all rules can also be added to the commandline, they are just formatted a little bit differently ( : instead of = for the values) ...

\\MDT01\MDTProduction$\Scripts\litetouch.vbs /TaskSequenceID:<whateverID>

/ Johan"

So you can create a vbs or cmd that calls the task sequence

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Rich C Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:17 AM

All replies

• You have missed this thread:

Is there any way to launch a specific task sequence from the command prompt?

And then I quote Johan Arwidmark's answer:

"Sure, all rules can also be added to the commandline, they are just formatted a little bit differently ( : instead of = for the values) ...

\\MDT01\MDTProduction$\Scripts\litetouch.vbs /TaskSequenceID:<whateverID>

/ Johan"

So you can create a vbs or cmd that calls the task sequence

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Rich C Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:17 AM
  • Fantastic! Thanks a lot for the info.
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:34 AM