delay when i call from outside to inside RRS feed

• Question

• i have customer i deployed a lync std in their environment

they have 2 sonic wall (with redunduncy)

when i call from outside to inside there is w big delay in a call

i try to connect my laptop to external interface direct with cable and i call to inside it was a good call and good quality with no delay

who can help me about what i can do with firewall to finish this issue?

Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,there,

Would you please run wireshark to trace the log for more information?

Lync use TCP/UDP 1024-65535 ports range for Audio/Video call,please check the firewall,please check if there are any ports blocked by SonicWall.Some more information about Lync Audio/Video negotiation for your reference.

Also this question is obviously a firewall configuration issue,I suggest you  post the question to SonicWall website or contact with the SonicWall support center to get more help.

Another tip is that please make sure you have Lync and SonicWall fully patched.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,there,

Would you please run wireshark to trace the log for more information?

Lync use TCP/UDP 1024-65535 ports range for Audio/Video call,please check the firewall,please check if there are any ports blocked by SonicWall.Some more information about Lync Audio/Video negotiation for your reference.

Also this question is obviously a firewall configuration issue,I suggest you  post the question to SonicWall website or contact with the SonicWall support center to get more help.

Another tip is that please make sure you have Lync and SonicWall fully patched.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:56 AM
  • Hi,Jet,

Any updates on your issue?

Regards,

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:14 AM