none
OpenLDAP password synchronization to Active Directory

Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to synchronize OpenLDAP users and their passwords to Microsoft Active Directory and with what tools it could be done?

If I change password in OpenLDAP it shoud automatically synchronize changes to Microsoft AD.

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi AkvileB,

This forum forcus on Microsoft Authenticator APP, since the query is more related to  Active Directory. To get more help on this query, please allow me to move this thread into Active Directory forum.

Best regards,

Jason Ye

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi,
    As far as I know, it seems not be done, as AD stores passwords as a one-way hash, and it doesn't provide any apps for accessing the hash directly.  Even if it did, it wouldn't be the same one-way hash function that any other vendor uses. 
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Hi AkvileB,

If I change password in OpenLDAP it shoud automatically synchronize changes to Microsoft AD.

It's possible to change user's passwords in AD and have those propagated to OpenLDAP. You'll need Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) 2016 and the Password Change Notification Service (PCNS).

Cheers,

Tom Houston, UK Identity Management Practice

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:01 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:17 PM