Presence doesn't change after computer is locked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  Can anyone think of a reason why my Skype for Business client doesn't change my presence after i lock my PC?  If i'm working and my client is green (available), and then i lock my computer, it remains green to my co-workers.  I've checked with several co-workers after locking my PC and they were all showing my status as available.

I'm running version 2016 MSO (16.0.4849.1000) 32-bit.

A registry setting maybe?  I've tried using 'reset status', but it has no effect.  Neither did running an Office repair.  :(

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:59 PM

Answers

• Turns out this isn't a Skype client issue exactly.  We use Yealink phones where the computer is connected to the phones PC port and the Internet connection in the phones Internet port.  The phone syncs calendar and presence information using BToE (not bluetooth; stands for "Better Together over Ethernet").

I still have no idea what's going on, but after removing the phone and plugging the Internet connection directly into the PC, presence started behaving normally again.

Time to open a case with Yealink i guess...

• Marked as answer by Tom Cullen Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom Cullen!

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Do you do any operations before this issue appearing?

To narrow down this issue, we recommend you follow these steps:

1. Let your co-workers sign in your client and you sign in their client to see if this issue still persist.
    2. Clear the Skype for Business cache referring to the following steps to see if the issue can be fixed:
      • Right click the Windows icon and open the Run bar.
      • Type in: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ folder.
      • Delete the sip profile folder.
      • Go into the Tracing folder, delete all files, but not the folders.
    3. Update your client to the latest version.
    Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Hi Jimmy.  I had tried that, but it had no effect.
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:45 PM
  • Turns out this isn't a Skype client issue exactly.  We use Yealink phones where the computer is connected to the phones PC port and the Internet connection in the phones Internet port.  The phone syncs calendar and presence information using BToE (not bluetooth; stands for "Better Together over Ethernet").

I still have no idea what's going on, but after removing the phone and plugging the Internet connection directly into the PC, presence started behaving normally again.

Time to open a case with Yealink i guess...

• Marked as answer by Tom Cullen Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 PM
  • Here I will provide a brief and temporary summary of this post.

<Issue Symptom>:

Skype for Business client doesn't change presence after lock the PC

<Possible cause>:

1.Client’s sign-in credentials problem

2.Client's version problem

<Solution>:

Removing the phone and plugging the Internet connection directly into the PC, presence started behaving normally again.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:51 AM