Administrator account RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows 7 on my computer, and have no acces to any administrator "privileges". How can a have or create and adiministrator account on my compu?
    Friday, May 22, 2009 9:32 PM

Answers

1. Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.
    2. Type net user administrator /active:yes and then press Enter.
    3. Restart or log off your computer and log in as Administrator.

Carey Frisch
    Friday, May 22, 2009 10:05 PM

All replies

1. Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.
    2. Type net user administrator /active:yes and then press Enter.
    3. Restart or log off your computer and log in as Administrator.

Carey Frisch
    Friday, May 22, 2009 10:05 PM
  • I am assuming that the newly activated Administrator account will not have a password.

Or will it be the same password that gets entered along with the User name when Windows installation is finished and ready for first use?
    GA P35 DQ6 Mb, Intel Wolfdale 8600 3.33Ghz C2D CPU., 4x2Gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 PC2 8500 Ascents Memory Mods., PNY-nVidia GE Force 8800 GTS (640MB), 4-Western Digital Caviar SATA(2) HDD's (internal), 1 EIDE-USB External; Hauppauge PVR 1600 TV tuner, Dual Monitor: (1) Standard up top, (1) WideScreen below; Altec Lansign Speakers...
    Friday, May 22, 2009 10:31 PM