Removing unwanted properties from hithighlightedsummary in SharePoint FAST Search RRS feed

• Question

• Am using the FAST Search Query webservice to query a FAST Search server and then building my search page using the hithighlightedsummary to display each results summary.

Am using a BCS connector to crawl this content source.

Am noticing that the hithighlightedsummary includes Url, Path, Name of External Content Type and other undesirable properties as a part of the dynamic summary. Is there a way to exclude certain properties from the hithighlightedsummary?

If not is there a recommended solution besides creating a new managed property and then using it as the summary instead of the hithighlightedsummary.

Thanks.

• Moved by Pengyu Zhao Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:40 AM FAST (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Monday, May 14, 2012 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

AFAIK, the result set XML includes non highlighted fields as well, named title and URL, which are not under highlighted properties.

There is something parallel to hit highlighted summary, which is called description (also the name of the managed property). Its suppose to be a short static summary per each result, suppose to be created OOTB for known items (such as SharePoint items and Office Documents), but you can map other crawled properties to it.

I hope that helps

Amir

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi Asif

As far as I know, FAST automatically generates the contents of the hithighlightedsummary property using the values from the crawled properties that are mapped to contents, as well as the values of the managed properties Title and Body.

Try running the following script in your PowerShell console:

$cp = Get-FASTSearchMetadataCrawledProperty -Name "<name>"
    $cp.IsMappedToContents = $false
    $cp.Update()

Where <name> is the name of the crawled property you want to remove from your summary.
    Also, check which crawled properties are mapped to the Title and Body managed properties.

Best regards,
    André.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:58 AM