Remove highlights in protected documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am trying to make a template for a client in word 2007. In order to avoid accidental editing of the template items (i.e. logo and additional pictures) I used the Protect Document feature. I locked the logo and the pictures and selected the area (body of the letter) that anyone can edit as they wish. I am having a hard time trying to remove the highlights in the area where editing is permitted. Even if I deselect the Remove highlights option in the restriction panel and save, if I reopen the highlights are there again, I suppose the deselection in only temporary.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks.

Monday, August 30, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid you can't turn off the highlighting, other than for the current document or session.

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

Hi there,

I am trying to make a template for a client in word 2007. In order to avoid accidental editing of the template items (i.e. logo and additional pictures) I used the Protect Document feature. I locked the logo and the pictures and selected the area (body of the letter) that anyone can edit as they wish. I am having a hard time trying to remove the highlights in the area where editing is permitted. Even if I deselect the Remove highlights option in the restriction panel and save, if I reopen the highlights are there again, I suppose the deselection in only temporary.

Thanks.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:10 AM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 6:25 PM

All replies

• I'm afraid you can't turn off the highlighting, other than for the current document or session.

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

Hi there,

Thanks.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:10 AM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 6:25 PM
  • Thanks for the answer!

Egretina

Monday, August 30, 2010 7:34 PM