Skype for Business-reached the maximum number of devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    We have a Skype for Business 2015 pool that has a problem recently.All of Users are disconnecting from server in various time  and the message is displayed "you have reached the maximum number of computers or devices allowed" !
    Has anyone encountered this problem?

• Changed type woshixiaobai Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:37 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can increase the number of connections by running the following:

Set-CsRegistrarConfiguration -Identity Global -MaxEndpointsPerUser 20

but that isn't going to solve your issue I suspect unless they really are signing into lots of devices.

I've seen this issue before and it was due to snapshots being run during the day. It seemed to create a new connection for the user after every snapshot. Please check there's no snapshots being run including Veeam during the working day.  Just run backups when most people are logged off as they won't have an open connection at that time 

Regards

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arman Karimnia Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:34 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can increase the number of connections by running the following:

Set-CsRegistrarConfiguration -Identity Global -MaxEndpointsPerUser 20

but that isn't going to solve your issue I suspect unless they really are signing into lots of devices.

I've seen this issue before and it was due to snapshots being run during the day. It seemed to create a new connection for the user after every snapshot. Please check there's no snapshots being run including Veeam during the working day.  Just run backups when most people are logged off as they won't have an open connection at that time 

Regards

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arman Karimnia Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:34 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Hi Arman Karimnia,

Agree with K_S_C, you could try to run the Get-CsRegistrarConfiguration to check the value of MaxEndpointsPerUser in your environment at first. And then check whether have the scenario as K_S_C described.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Thank you for answering dear K_S_C
    I set up this command and I increased MaxEndpointsPerUser to 50.

I also checked Veeam and there is a daily job that Take a backup during the working day and according to your opinion i changed it to weekly backup on out of working day.i hope this solution worked for my issue.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hopefully that works for you, I suspect it might.

But please report back if you are still having issues. All the best.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:57 AM