none
Access Denied CD/DVD Domain PC

Question

• Hi

I m using windows server 2008 R2 as domain controller. previously i created a GPO on a particulate OU to block all external drive CD/DVD/USB (User Configuration/Administrative Template/System/Removable storage access/All removable storage classes : Deny all access/Enable,) But now one of the user need to allow access to CD/DVD/USB. Now the problem is even after moving the user from the restricted OU the user is still not able to access CD/DVD drive.

Please suggest me how can i allow user to access the cd/dvd drive.

Please please suggest me what can i do now.

Monday, February 08, 2016 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would like to suggest you run gpupdate/force  and run gpresult/z to make sure the policy is not applied for the user.

In addition, you may also download the below hotfix and check the result:

Users cannot access removable devices after you enable and then disable a Group Policy setting in Windows Server 2008, in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2738898

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:27 AM
  • Hi,

i had this issue before, very simple go to Device manager then delete the CD\DVD drivers then run device scan, this will solve your issue.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I would like to suggest you run gpupdate/force  and run gpresult/z to make sure the policy is not applied for the user.

In addition, you may also download the below hotfix and check the result:

Users cannot access removable devices after you enable and then disable a Group Policy setting in Windows Server 2008, in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2738898

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:27 AM
  • Hi,

i had this issue before, very simple go to Device manager then delete the CD\DVD drivers then run device scan, this will solve your issue.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 7:14 AM