Exchange 2013 shared mailbox calendar cant be used by Exchange 2007 users RRS feed

• Question

• All users on Outlook 2013, all exchange servers 2007 and 2013 in same domain as are users.  Users with Ex 07 mailboxes can add shared mailbox calendar that is on Ex 13, but when they try to add something to the calendar in their Outlook they get do not have permissions.  The users who cannot add have Full Access and SendAs permissions on EAC in EX 13.  What could be the issue here.  Is this even possible?  It is a Shared Mailbox created in Ex 13.  
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:43 PM

All replies

• I always recommend that managers and delegates be moved from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 together for reasons like this.  I'd advise you to put such users together on the same platform and accelerate your transition to Exchange 2013 especially since Exchange 2007 is no longer supported.  Or if it is, it soon won't be.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:46 PM
  • Update, I have noticed that in AD all my Ex13 shared mailboxes have disabled accounts.  When I go to enable them, I get "Windows cannot enable the object Shared mb name because: Unable to update password.  The value provided does not meet...

Shared Mailboxes dont have passwords so how am I supposed to correct this?  This is on server 08 AD.  Password Never expires is checked on all the Ex 13 shared mailbox accounts in AD.  Something so simple as Shared Mailboxes in Ex 13 just doesnt work.  

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:15 PM
  • Shared mailboxes' accounts are disabled by design.  It's part of what makes them a shared mailbox.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:59 PM