none
IE9 on Windows 7 Changing default install to force "Display intranet sites in compatability mode" disabled for corporate install RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed on our windows 7 machines with IE8, that "display intranet sites in compatability mode" is enable for all users on workstations, although after thorough review there is no GPO manning that.  So if I as a user turns this off on my machine, it stays off.  I was told this was IE8 out of the box with Windows 7.

So I configured IE9 with IEAK and on the compatability View screen I check "use internet explorer 9 standards mode).  Although when deployed, the check box is still on for everyone on that machine.

I cannot have people manually shut it off and we have a few intranet sites that will actually need it on, but we need it turned off for default.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks.

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We could try to configure it by GPO:

Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View/Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet

And here is a link which might be useful to you:

Group Policy and Internet Explorer 8

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc985351.aspx

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:15 AM

All replies

• If I delete the existing user profile, which we cannot do for this many people, then the changes to IEAK are there.  Although I do not want to lose their favorites, etc, but I need to overwrite the compatability setting and trusted and intranet security sites settings.  Thoughts?
    Monday, November 11, 2013 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

We could try to configure it by GPO:

Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View/Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet

And here is a link which might be useful to you:

Group Policy and Internet Explorer 8

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc985351.aspx

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:15 AM