none
Reporting on Custom Fields in Project 2013 (NOT project server) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am just using Microsoft Project 2013 (not project server).  This is what I have done...

In the gantt chart

- inserted column

- picked i.e. "cost 1"

- renamed the custom field

- populated the various rows with figures for that column.

Then in the ribbon at the top clicked "report"

- have tried new report and custom reports but whenever I look on the right hand side bar which says "field list" none of the custom fields I have made ever appear there to report on.  Does this make sense?

<input id="abd92d58-10ba-4d76-b9a6-1b2777348986_attachments" type="hidden" value="" />
    <form>
    <script type="text/javascript">var maxImageSize = ForumsRes.rte_MaxFileSize * 1024; ; var editorName = "abd92d58-10ba-4d76-b9a6-1b2777348986" + "body"; function Editor_onLoad() { var editor = $(this).data('tEditor'); editor.focus(); editor.document.execCommand("SelectAll", null, false); if (((!$.browser.msie && !$.browser.mozilla) || ($.browser.msie && $.browser.version >= 9 && document.documentMode > 8)) || ($.browser.mozilla && $.browser.version >= 5)) { if ($.browser.opera) { editor.getSelection().collapseToEnd(); } else { editor.document.getSelection().collapseToEnd(); } } else { /* For IE browsers with version <= 8.0 Internet Explorer 8 and earlier versions do not provide support for the DOM Range object. Telerik Editor for ASP.NET MVC provides a custom implementation of the DOM Range object based on the Internet Explorer specific TextRange object. from: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-mvc/telerik-ui-components-editor-client-api-and-events.html */ var textSelected = editor.createRange(); textSelected.collapse(false); } editor.focus(); $(".t-editor .t-editable-area").css("background-image", "none"); $('td.t-editable-area').children('iframe').contents().find('body').attr('spellcheck', true); } function imageBrowser_Loaded() { $("div.t-image-browser").before("<div class='t-imageBrowser-conditions'><ol><li>" + ForumsRes.rte_msgInsertImageCondition + "</li></ol></div>"); // Due to a bug in telerik editor image browser localization, // We will have to replace text dynamically using JavaScript $("span.t-window-title").text(ForumsRes.rte_InsertImageText); $("label[for='t-editor-image-url']").text(ForumsRes.rte_ImageUrlText); $("label[for='t-editor-image-title']").text(ForumsRes.rte_AlternateText); $("button[class='t-dialog-insert t-button']").text(ForumsRes.rte_insertText); $("a[class='t-dialog-close t-link']").text(ForumsRes.rte_CloseText); if (ForumsRes.rte_uploadText) { $("div.t-upload-button").html($("div.t-upload-button").html().replace("Upload", ForumsRes.rte_uploadText)); } } function onUploadSizeExceed() { $("div.t-imageBrowser-conditions li").css("color", "red"); $(".t-dialog-insert").attr("disabled", true); $("span.t-loading").parents("li.t-tile").remove(); } function onUploadSuccess() { $("div.t-imageBrowser-conditions li").css("color", "black"); $(".t-dialog-insert").attr("disabled", false); } function Editor_onExecute(e) { } </script></form>
    Monday, January 26, 2015 2:33 PM

All replies

• The custom field name renames the field you decided to make custom for the report. In your case, 'Cost1'. I've followed your steps exactly and was able to locate the custom fields under the 'Custom' group, nested beneath the 'Cost' heading (since you renamed the 'Cost1' field).

Here is an example:

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Robert McQuaig Monday, January 26, 2015 7:53 PM
    • Edited by Robert McQuaig Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:01 PM added image/example
    Monday, January 26, 2015 7:53 PM