none
Sharepoint Link Causes Black Screen in Internet Explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Helpdesk,

When I am signed into SharePoint, and I paste a SharePoint link into Internet Explorer 11 I get a black screen and no further response.  Popup are allowed for SharePoint.com, Microsoft.com and client.sharepoint.com.  The OS is Windows 7 Pro with all updates current.

Tom Seeing-Black

Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have seen this issues in couple of my clients laptop after the windows upgrade , As a solution just open a browser and 
    Please select Tools>Internet Options>Security tab,

1. click the Trusted sites icon, 'Sites' button. Which websites do they have listed there? outlook.com, office365.com, live.com, windows.net or any other host. You should compare the users listing of sites in the Trusted zone with the list that is on non-faulty machines. On managed networks you should use GPO to manage which hosts map to the Trusted zone...

2. go to the internal sharpoint site. Select the File>Properties menu. Which IE security zone is your host mapped to? expected intranet.

… IE has a security setting preventing navigation into a zone of lower integrity. So if you have a host in the intranet zone (your internal SharePoint site) and you click on a link to a host that maps to another IE security zone, or uses a third-party host (MS hello) that is mapped to any other zone, IE will not allow the navigate.

You should remove any unauthorized host entries from the users Trusted Sites list (you could also use GPO to prevent user access to the security tab of Internet Options).

Please refer .. the below link 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/blank-page-when-opening-sharepoint-online-links/1c8d7bd2-986e-41c1-96a6-cf1486d89e46

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:37 PM