none
BitLocker on start up RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I started my tablet I had to enter the Recovery key. I looked on this forum and found that I needed to turn off encryption then turn it back on. I turned it off and it decrypted.  When I try to turn it back on it says "Something went wrong. Try again later". What do I do now?

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please restart you tablet first before re-enable BitLocker at this time.

If the error still appears when trying to enable BitLocker, please run following commands to scan and repair system error or disk error:

SFC /SCANNOW

CHKDSK /F /R

For further troubleshooting, please post back the event log related to this issue here for our research.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:22 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Check : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/cant-turn-on-device-encryption/c09dfc04-3fd4-4157-aeca-a477ba826c11

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Monday, December 7, 2015 3:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

Please restart you tablet first before re-enable BitLocker at this time.

If the error still appears when trying to enable BitLocker, please run following commands to scan and repair system error or disk error:

SFC /SCANNOW

CHKDSK /F /R

For further troubleshooting, please post back the event log related to this issue here for our research.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:22 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the suggestions of restarting computer, system file checking were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

For further assistance, please also attached your event log here for our research.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:12 AM
    Owner