Developed an app and published to the Windows Store, some can download and some cannot!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Technet,

Not sure if I'm in the correct category or not, but anyway. We have developed an app in visual studio which we have published to the Windows Store which has been verified with no errors. Now this app has not been made available for the public, just for ourselves via a link. Now the problem is some of us in the office have no dramas downloading and installing the app and some of us in the office cannot download the app, as it either says the app is currently unavailable or the buttons are just simply greyed out. We are all in the same domain in the office. Me personally I'm on the latest windows creators update which is version 1709 i believe and it still says the app is currently unavailable. 

We have made sure that the app did not have any restrictions in terms of requiring a specific windows 10 version to download.

We are obviously missing something here, looks like there's some permissions thing going on in the background with our Microsoft accounts. We are not too familiar with the windows store and sort of noobies when it comes to the developer side of things. 

Why can some download and some cannot when under the same domain? There are no VLANs configured either. Is there something we are doing wrong when publishing?

We are about to publish our app and making available publicly via a promotion code, hopefully we can all download but we won't find out for about 2 days. Any ideas and suggestions is much appreciated it, if i've left any important information out I do apologise, thanks technet.

Monday, December 11, 2017 1:13 AM

All replies

• Sounds like visual studio development issue, I suggest discussing it in our visual studio forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:00 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:38 AM