none
How to re-link subproject and publish existing local master project to Project Server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to re-link existing projects in local master project to the version in Project Server and publish this master project to server?

All our subprojects are already migrated to Project Server and I'm trying to understand what's the best practice for publishing the master projects? I can delete all subprojects manually and add the corresponded projects from server, but I wonder if there is an automated way to match all my local subprojects to server ones?

SharePoint 2007 - 2010 Tips & Tricks Portal | Microsoft MVP | My Blog about Information Management | My twitter
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hello Michael,

This sounds like you migrated from 2007 to 2010.  Part of the process is that you have to migrate the SubProject firsts and without the master projects. There is no automated way that I know of.  The project managers should know what their master projects looked like and willl have to  recreated them.

This is not a very good answer, but I think that's the way it was designed.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, August 9, 2010 1:27 PM