• Hi All,

Error: 1 (Field level error)
      SegmentID: ACK
      Position in TS: 5
      Data Element ID: ACK05
      Position in Segment: 5
      Data Value: 162014
      8: Invalid Date

can anyone help me out, How to fix above error? i searched about this but only information about the error  is given and no where it is mentioned how to fix it  and how is it generated please help me out.

Thanks,

Nitish

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:57 PM

Answers

• Are you sending or receiving the EDI?

Either way, "162014" is simply not a valid EDI data format.  Dates in x12 are expressed as CCYYMMDD so December 30, 2013 would appear as 20131230.

If you are receiving, you need to contact the sender and have them correct the output.

If you are sending, you need to property format that date value.  For example:

myDateVar.ToString("yyyyMMdd");

Monday, December 30, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• Are you sending or receiving the EDI?

Either way, "162014" is simply not a valid EDI data format.  Dates in x12 are expressed as CCYYMMDD so December 30, 2013 would appear as 20131230.

If you are receiving, you need to contact the sender and have them correct the output.

If you are sending, you need to property format that date value.  For example:

myDateVar.ToString("yyyyMMdd");

Monday, December 30, 2013 3:56 PM
  • We send out the ack. We receive a EDI message on a port. On the same port we receive the ack that we send out. The error occurs when we receive the Ack on the same port on which we receive EDI.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

i think your error show -date format .please recheck date format.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:59 AM